We respect the rights of our tenants and suppliers. We are fully committed to complying with the provisions of all applicable Data Protection legislation and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE COLLECT?
The information we may require from you, the tenant(s):
● Full name (and proof of your identity / photo ID).
● Date of birth.
● National Insurance number (your unique identifier).
● Contact details (phone, e-mail or correspondence address).
● Details of anyone authorised to act on your behalf if applicable.
● Basic details (name and DOB) of all household residents.
● Banking details if you pay your rent by Direct Debit.
● Proof of housing eligibility, any interest or equity in other property.
● Other personal information that will vary on a case by case basis to help us resolve breach of tenancy, alleged anti-social behaviour or fraud.
The information we may collect from you includes:
● Financial information. We may use this to help resolve arrears payments and optionally to provide welfare, benefits and debt advice as a free service to help you budget and pay your bills. We may use this to apply for funding on your behalf. • Health information when we require this to support funding for adaptations made to the property you are living in. More specific details are provided if you use this service.
●Photo ID, bank statements, payslips or income details when we require this information for processing a house sale or purchase.
If you do not provide the information we need then we may not be able to provide all our services to you, and ultimately you may not be able to hold a tenancy with us.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
The information we require from you is used to manage your tenancy with us. Please read your contract carefully for specific details as ‘performance of a contract’ is the legal basis for processing your information and carrying out our activities.
The processing activities we conduct can be summarised as:
●Managing your account charges and payments, including arrears.
●Managing the repairs, maintenance and adaptations of our properties.
●Ensuring tenancy (or contract) conditions are complied with, such as dealing with anti-social behaviour or fraud.
●Complying with relevant legislation and regulation.
We hold information in a secure manner within the UK.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We shares limited personal data with our contractors who are carrying out services on our behalf. Our contractors are required to comply with the law and our own Data Processing Agreement to ensure data is managed appropriately and for specified purposes. We may need to share, with our regulator and auditors, with utility companies or with other organisations and agencies where we are legally allowed to do so.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR
Information relating to a tenancy will be kept for as long as the agreement is active or where money is owed on the account, and for a period not exceeding 7 years afterwards. We may need to share information with solicitors, agents, mortgage brokers, financial advisors, court agents, surveyors and valuers relating to a property sale.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
●The right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data that we process.
●The right to request correction of any inaccuracies in your personal data or to have data erased.
●The right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
●The right to ask us not to process your personal data either for marketing purposes or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress.
●The right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
. We may need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Office of the Information Commissioner, full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/